V Magazine, September 2012
Hair by Oribe
Photographer: Mario Testino
Nicole Kidman plays “Truth or Bare” in the September issue of V Magazine, showing off a daring new look that leaves little to the imagination. “It’s both vulgar and chic at the same time,” says Oribe, who styled the star’s hair for the shoot. “In her new movie, The Paperboy, Nicole’s character is a little trashy, so we wanted to take that feeling and make it a bit more upscale and stylish.” Oribe started by giving Kidman a versatile, heavily layered cut with soft bangs. “This was a real reinvention of her hair,” he notes. “There are layers everywhere, but there’s still length where we wanted it.” Once the hair was cut, Oribe created a beachy, undone style that he calls “perfect for wearing well into winter.” Here’s how to get the look:
1. Apply Gel Sérum to 2-inch sections of wet hair; use your fingers to piece the sections out and create natural wave and texture.
2. Diffuse or air dry, letting hair take on a “life of its own.”
3. Apply Dry to the roots for volume.
4. Spray Après Beach on the ends for shine and separation.
5. Use Smooth Style Serum to add hold and definition to the bangs.
6. If desired, use a curling iron to add random curls once hair is fully dry.