W, August 2013
Hair by Oribe
Photography by Mario Sorrenti
Oribe was inspired by supermodel Janice Dickinsonís Ď70s style for the voluminous blowout he gave Jennifer Lopez for the August issue of W. ďItís very classic movie star hair,Ē Oribe said. ďThereís something strong about it, which keeps it modern.Ē Oribe also noted that Lopezís new hue, which was done by Anthony Palermo of New York Cityís Anthony Leonard Salon, is perfect for the upcoming change in season. ďItís always nice to go a bit darker for fall,Ē he explained. ďEven a subtle move to a richer shade can be a great transformation.Ē
Get the Look:
1. Apply Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse to damp hair and blow dry with a round brush. You can also use Velcro rollers to achieve similar volume and movement.
2. Use a curling iron and create a classic set. Let hair cool, then gently brush through the curls.
3. Spray Soft Dry Conditioner Spray throughout the lengths of the hair to give it a cashmere feel without changing the style or losing the texture.
4. If hair is naturally frizzy, use a small amount of Supershine Light to smooth strands.
5. Set with Superfine Hair Spray or Impermťable Anti-Humidity Spray.
6. To refresh your style the next day, use hot rollers and Dry Texturizing Spray at the roots.