Hair by Holli Smith for Oribe Hair Care
According to lead hairstylist Holli Smith for Oribe Hair Care, the inspiration behind the hair for Patrik Ervellís Fall/Winter 2013 collection was ďHappy Mondays and Ď90s urban grunge.Ē The translation of this reference was a severe middle part and hair that was plastered down to the modelsí heads. The finishing detail was swinging the front of the hair forwards to frame the face. ďHeís got to look like a kid whoís been out all night,Ē Holli said, implying this boy is probably up to no good. Coming down the runway with Patrikís tailored designs and high-tech fabrics, the overall look was sophisticated streetwear with an edge.
How to achieve this look:
1. Spray hair liberally with Maximista.
2. Part hair down the center.
3. Use a comb to flatten hair down to the head. You want to make the hair as small and flat to the head as possible.
4. Comb front pieces of hair forward so they curve around the face.
5. Use Superfine Strong to tame down flyaways and finish hair to a glossy shine.