Vanity Fair, August 2014
Hair by Oribe
Photographed by Miguel Reveriego
Actress Margot Robbie, who made a splash in last year’s Wolf of Wall Street, the famous Catalina Beach Club in Long Island, NY, for this summery spread in the August issue of Vanity Fair. When designing her hair for the shoot, Oribe found inspiration in 1950s Playboy images of Marilyn Monroe. “The look is ‘50s soft, undone, natural hair,” explained Oribe, who noted that he went light on products for this style. “What’s great about this kind of hair is its ability to move.”
Get the look:
1. Achieve clean, well-conditioned hair by using Shampoo and Masque for Beautiful Color.
2. Towel-dry and set the hair using Royal Blowout in a ‘50s-inspired pattern that will leave the crown flat and promote fullness in the front and sides. Pin curls will enhance natural texture and allow you to shape the hair into whatever style best suits you.
3. Let hair air-dry in the set.
4. Release the curls and spray Soft Dry Conditioner Spray throughout the hair. Brush through the curls to create the desired fullness in the front and sides.
5. Loosely gather hair at the nape and pin in place so that the hair falls softly.
Oribe.pro members can click here to learn more about the gorgeous buttery blonde hue NYC colorist and frequent Oribe collaborator Anthony Palermo gave Robbie for the shoot.”